Your First Stop
Once you reach Knoxville, your first stop will be TRECS (Tennessee Recreational Center for Students) for Registration and Orientation. Knoxville is accessible from I-40 West and East and I-75 North and South, as well as Highway 129 from the McGhee Tyson Airport. Once you are on one of the above interstates or highways, it is an easy drive to Knoxville and Global Finals Registration at TRECS. TRECS (Tennessee Recreational Center for Students): 2116 Andy Holt Boulevard Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
Traveling By Car
You will be given a Vehicle Identification Voucher during registration that must be displayed on your vehicle’s dash throughout your stay. Parking for residence halls is not necessarily adjacent to each hall, but is nearby. Information about the closest available parking to your assigned residence hall will be available at check-in. Hotel guests may park at their hotel and use the shuttle for trips to campus. If you are staying on campus and participate in a Challenge located off campus, you can ride the shuttle and use the prop delivery system. Because parking at many Presentation Sites is limited, we encourage you to park your vehicle upon arrival and use our shuttle system during Global Finals. Oversized vehicles and vehicles with anything in tow must fit in one or two standard parking spaces.
Traveling by Plane & Airport Transfers
Airport Transfers must be purchased by May 7. After May 7, you will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the airport. Destination Imagination, Inc., in cooperation with the University of Tennessee, will make airport transfers available to those purchasing Global Finals Housing and Meal Packages. You may purchase Airport Transfers during your online registration process or visit ShopDI.org. You MUST have your itinerary information to complete your purchase.
From Knoxville Airport
- Available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Return transfers from your housing location are available on Sunday only
- Service is available for all arriving and departing flights
- Knoxville One-Way Transfer: $29 per person
- Knoxville Round-Trip Transfer: $40 per person
From Atlanta and Nashville
- Monday at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM
- Tuesday at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM
- Groups must meet a minimum of 7 per transfer from these airports, but every effort will be made to combine groups to achieve this minimum
- Return service is available on Sunday only and scheduled at Registration when you arrive at the University of Tennessee
- Nashville One-Way Transfer: $60 per person
- Nashville Round-Trip Transfer: $90 per person
- Atlanta One-Way Transfer: $75 per person
- Atlanta Round-Trip Transfer: $105 per person
Return Airport Transfers
Return service is only available on Sunday. Return shuttle times are contingent upon the number of purchased transfers. In order to make efficient use of our shuttles, return transfers will be grouped together according to the earliest flight at each airport. Shuttle departures for Nashville and Atlanta will be scheduled at least 5 hours prior to your flight departure to allow sufficient travel time. Final return transfers will be confirmed at Registration. Our last shuttle will depart campus at noon.
Click here to view airline and rental car discounts available for Global Finals 2018 attendees.