You are ultimately responsible for shipment of your team’s props. Please pay close attention to these procedures and policies and note the following:
- Props should be well packed so they can be opened for inspection and then re-packed.
- Each prop shipment box must have the approved Prop Shipment Form attached for shipment. This form will be provided upon registering your prop shipment through www.globalfinals.org/props. Attach the printed form to each box that you are shipping. If you do not complete the prop registration process, your props will not be accepted.
- Props will be received from May 1 – 15 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m, on Monday to Friday only. Please advise your courier.
- We suggest that you also print address information directly on your props.
- Props shipped in advance will be delivered to the Prop Storage Area at your Challenge site. Props should be packaged to fit through a standard doorway, approximately 30in wide x 76in high (.76m x 1.93 m). lf they are packaged in a way that is too large to fit through a standard doorway, your team may be required to disassemble the boxes at a central storage facility when you arrive in Knoxville. After disassembly, our prop delivery system will assist you in delivering your props to the appropriate Challenge site. Be sure to check with the prop desk at Registration to make sure that your props have been delivered to your Prop Storage Area.
- Packages not clearly marked will not be delivered to any Challenge sites but will be stored at the central storage facility until claimed at the Prop Information Desk at Registration.
- We are committed to doing everything possible to make sure your props are ready for you when you arrive. You may call (865) 974-0263 to inquire about your props or to get additional information.
At the Event
Please review these requirements, and be sure to bring tools to open your prop crates and reassemble your props!
- No package should be left unattended in any location other than the official Prop Storage Areas, sleeping rooms and locked vehicles. Props in vehicles must be secured and out of sight. Unattended props are subject to removal.
- Props stored in a Prop Storage Area must have a Prop Identification Form attached to each box. These forms are available at Registration. Prop trucks will not transport props without fully completed Prop Identification Forms.
- Props left in Prop Storage Areas are subject to inspection by event personnel at any time.
- In order to fit into the shipping cartons, some props have to be taken apart. If so, pack the prop parts in appropriate boxes, and then reassemble them on the first day after you have arrived at Global Finals. Do not wait to do this, as some of your items may have been damaged in shipping and you may need to give your team time to recover.
Props being discarded must be disassembled and all boxes broken down before being placed in recycling or trash receptacles. Significant efforts will be made at Global Finals to recycle as many of the discarded props and boxes as possible. Cardboard recycling sites are located at Prop Storage Areas and Challenge sites. Any props left in Prop Storage Areas after the end of competition Saturday will be discarded or recycled.
Return Shipment of Props
Teams requesting prop return shipments must make arrangements at Registration prior to the team’s departure. To arrange for pick-up of your props, please complete a Return Shipment Request Form at registration and leave your fully packed materials in the Challenge site Prop Storage Area. Freight companies may pick up return shipments on Tuesday, May 28, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Any props without approved return shipment labels left in the Challenge sites or Prop Storage Areas after Saturday evening, May 25, or in the storage facility on Wednesday, May 29, will be removed and discarded.
Team-contracted freight companies may pick up props at the following address:
Attn: UT Conferences
525 Henley Street
North Loading Dock, WFP Drive Access
Knoxville, TN 37902